Thanks for stopping by my blog my little slice of cyber space. Please leave a message so I know you have been here and so I can also pay you a visit too!

Friday, May 18, 2007

Today in History May 18

FIRST and foremost did you know that TODAY is national BINGO day!

Now i wish i hadn't spent all my "fun money" at the casino in Grants!


Well on this day so much has happened!

1642
The city of Montreal was founded by the French.

1804
Napoleon Bonaparte was proclaimed Emperor of France by the French Senate.

1920
Pope John Paul II was born near Krakow, Poland.
became the first woman to
fly faster than the speed of sound.

1980
Mount St. Helens, in Washington state, erupted after
being dormant for 123 years.

I SO REMEMBER THIS

2000
A bill was finally passed that removed the Confederate flag from the South Carolina statehouse.


2004
Randy Johnson, age 40, became the oldest pitcher to throw a perfect game.

2 comments:

Loreluca said...

Age 40 and OLD should NEVER be on the same sentence... EVER!!! (says the woman who'll be 40 in 2 more years... WHAAAAA!!!!)
Do you know that I've never played Bingo online??? (like those games that you guys organize) Did you know I can't even UNDERSTAND how it works??? Do you know I get soooo frustrated because I can't play????
WHAAA!!!

Artful Creations by Tracie said...

So interesting....

ROFL I agree with Paula there about "40" should NEVER be in the same sentence as OLD (Jacquie, I would have though you would have agreed even more!!!)

ROFLMAO.