Thanks for stopping by my blog my little slice of cyber space. Please leave a message so I know you have been here and so I can also pay you a visit too!

Monday, May 21, 2007

Today in History May 21

Anyone want to guess what my mom was doing on this day oh about 35 yrs ago! I have to say if you guess running a marathon you are incorrect ...


Today's happenings are: (BTW there are always more things that happen but i don't inlcude them all)




1881
Clara Barton founded what became the American Red Cross.

Clarissa Harlowe Barton (better known as Clara Barton)
(December 25, 1821April 12, 1912) was a pioneer American
teacher, nurse, and humanitarian. She has been described
as having had an "indomitable spirit" and is best remembered
for organizing the American Red Cross.


1999
Susan Lucci finally won a Daytime Emmy on her 19th nomination.



Birth name: Susan Victoria Lucci
Born: December 23, 1946 Scarsdale, New York
Official site: http://www.susanlucci.com/
Notable roles: Erica Kane,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought your bday was tomorrow? Did I mark it wrong on my calendar? Well, if it's today, happy bday!
amy

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday baby! Hope you have a wonderful day and a fabulous year!!!

Artful Creations by Tracie said...

Your mom was in labor is my guess since your b-day is May 22.

Thanks for the trivia once again!