Thanks for stopping by my blog my little slice of cyber space. Please leave a message so I know you have been here and so I can also pay you a visit too!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Today in History April 25!

Well Today is ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT's DAY!

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY Day to all the ASSISTANTS that make the OFFICE WORK!


Also today

1901
New York became the first state to require license plates on cars.


1928
The first seeing eye dog was presented to Morris S. Frank.

What a truly wonderful thing!

2003
The Georgia legislature voted to scrap the "Confederate flag" design from its state flag.

The Georgia flag has three red and white stripes and the state coat of arms on a blue field in the upper left corner. Thirteen stars surrounding the seal denotes Georgia's position as one of the original thirteen colonies. On the seal three pillars supporting an arch represent the three branches of government; legislative, judicial and executive. A man with sword drawn is defending the Constitution, whose principles are wisdom, justice and moderation. The date 1776 represents the signing of the Declaration of Independence. Flag adopted May 8th,
NEW ONE 2003- current

OLD ONE ! 2001-2003

older one - 1956-2001
WHICH do you PREFER?

2 comments:

Loreluca said...

I think I like the second one best (I think that's the current one...)
Happy assistant day to me! Darn, how come I didn't even know???

Artful Creations by Tracie said...

ROFL I just love your wealth of knowledge you bring to us!!!

I too like the 2nd one and I say that because it spotlights several flags, past and present - I just like that!