Thanks for stopping by my blog my little slice of cyber space. Please leave a message so I know you have been here and so I can also pay you a visit too!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Today in history

1963
Alcatraz Prison in San Francisco Bay, a harsh maximum security jail which once housed gangster Al Capone, closed.

I have only seen Alcatraz from afar but would love to visit it someday .. anyone up for a road trip!

7 comments:

Heather Tesiero said...

yup

Heather Tesiero said...

yup

Artful Creations by Tracie said...

ME ME ME!! I LOOOOOVE the story and history behind Alcatraz!! That is one destination I would love to make before I depart Earth. :)

{Ãñgê£}ä said...

Oh I wanna go too!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I've been to Alcatraz twice and it's absolutely, as strange as this is going to sound, one of my favorite places in the world!

I love the history, the feel of it. It's awesome! You MUST go!

Pauline said...

I would love to go there, i think that is would be rich in history and oh so fascinating, so Jacquie i don't think that you are weird!

Loreluca said...

Meeeee!!!! Man, Pauline!!! How can you live soooo nearby and NOT have been there?????
Ok, now, you're killing me!!! (I'd LOVE to go!)