Thanks for stopping by my blog my little slice of cyber space. Please leave a message so I know you have been here and so I can also pay you a visit too!

Friday, December 15, 2017

A Family Secret


I have been with my husband over 20 years married for almost 10. Every year we indulge in something called Biscochitos. it is a cookie with roots in NM. It is an amazing smell when you walk in a restaurant and they are baking. I have tried for years to get my hands on a family recipe to no avail. Well doing some genealogy research and attending my MIL service in 2016 I met some of the most amazing people. Tim's cousin Donna shared her grandmas recipe with me. Oh the excitement the tears the goosebumps. Tim's cousin grandma is Tim's mom's sister which means somewhere in this recipe is things that Nana did --- I can't tell you how excited I AM.
The secret to good cookies is using lard . It makes them very tender .
1c sugar , 2 cups pure lard , 1tsp anise seed , cream mixture together until creamy , add 2 eggs beaten , add 6 c flour 3 tsp baking powder , 1 tsp salt , 1/4c water as needed . Roll dough , cut in shapes , dust top of cookies with sugar and cinnamon mix . Bake at 350 for 8 -10 min or until golden brown . That's it , let me know how they come out . Happy holidays .




No comments: